Thursday 15 December 2011

Health Screening 2011

I took half day leave for my health screening yesterday. I've never done health screening before so it was like first time experience for me. My company have allocated some allowance for its staff to do health screening once a year, I stupidly missed it last year and the allowance just gone like that. But this year, yeah I dont want to miss it anymore.

It started when I am back from holiday, there was an email from my director to encourage us to book health screening appointment by this year. The nearest provider is Raffles Hospital. Then I called them to book appointment. I decided to take a Raffles Lifestyle Package which cost me SGD 278.20 (incl. GST). Well, you can refer to link above or call 6311 2222 for more details.

There are 2 kinds of package which are Essential and Enhanced package. Off course enhanced package would be much more expensive. The point is the more check-up you do, the more expensive it is. But for me personally, I would prefer taken the essential package only because the price is reasonable (still within my budget) and I know that I don't need lots of check up. Overdo a check ups, well, it's just wasting time and money.  So here 's the story:

Reached there around 9am, I proceed to the registration counter at level 1. After showing my IC and fill in the registration form, they gave me the queue number (its 9010) and asked me whether I have fasted for at least 8 hours and I said yes, definitely, and asked me to wait for the number to be called. Waited for almost an hour, they took me to do ECG ( electrocardiogram) test. After that, took body measurement such as weight, height, body fats, and etc... I got very excited to know what number I am, well...end up knowing that number, really motivates me to do more exercise and lead a healthy life style. :-D
Okie tell you, my body fat is 24.9% and when I asked nurse what is the normal average % (well I dont really familiar about this thing), she said average is 19%-25% and she assured me that I am still at my average so no need to worry. Then I was thinking to myself, hey another 0.1% gain and I can be categorized as fat women so I've got to do something with it! See..what an encouragement!

Okie continue the story,  After passing urine and stool into the drop off box then they called me to do blood test. OMG they succesfully taken up to 4 tubes of my blood. Feeling not good about it, I quickly had a breakfast after that, waited for the next check up. My breakfast that time was a slice of cheesecake and cuppa cappuccino, hehehe....

Next, seeing doctor for a quick consultation and pap smear. Taken up doctor's advices to do more exercise and watch diet such as replacing junkie food with fruits and vegetables.

Next, proceed to cashier for payment. Then fix the date to take the lab test. Its only 2 weeks to get the result but I postponed it till next January's appointment due to my busy schedule. So see you Raffles, in next year. I hope the result will be good.

I recommend for you guys to consider Raffles to do health screening , do book appointment beforehand and try to book a morning/ weekdays appointment to avoid crowd.

-Deb-

No comments: