Sunday 1 September 2013

Week 4- And still hoping


Week 4-update on the Isotretinoin

Overall I was doing fine. Some cracking here and there especially lips area. I didn’t head advices (mostly from internet) saying that Do no picking on acne! But I still did it! And I had to pay a big price for it. Sigh. And then, there’s one time I unintentionally scratched my lips and it bleed. Seriously. I was like, WTH!? Quickly washed and pressed with tissue to stop the bleeding. Then applied tons of lipbalm till my lipbalm’s stick broke!

The side effects are still persist….but not so terror like last week. I did experience muscle ache but not too severe. And then, dry lips, dry eyes, dry *down there*. HAHAHA!  EVERYTHING also DRY. Oh ya, when I do work out, I can feel like my whole body sweating like nobody’s business (even armpit too!) BUT MY FACE IS SQUEAKY DRY + CLEAN. Seems like Accutane confuse the pores of mine, or scientifically you called it, sebaceous glands, shrink it pretty well and no more oil production stuff! Starting from last week, I realized that every time I blot my face (yep, I habitually blot my face after lunch time) , just to realised that the paper still clean, not so oily like last time. Yeah! Can save up buying blotting paper, LOL.

And now, for my topical cream, here are the review.


Morning routine:
Before start the morning/ night routine, I always make sure to wash my face and toner it to prep the skin for the maximum absorption.
For morning routine:
Step 0. Wash face with Neutrogena oil free acne wash. It’s a gel form for oily and acne prone skin. I bought this even before I start this course and luckily my derma still allowed me to use it. And then prep my skin with Kiehl’s toner. I used calendula toner which non-irritant and contain any natural ingredients to soothe the skin. 




Step 1. Apply Topicil (Clindamycin). This is like a watery-form. Very easy to absorb and dry the skin within seconds!  Woot Woot. I googled and it said, it’s an antibiotic solution which killed the acne bacteria and prevent acne to reforming. But the downside is, stinging like hell. So please don’t apply on open wounded-acne. I think you can get this product by doctor’s prescription only.



Step 2. Obagi 3-Clear.
It contains 4 % of Hydroquinone, which a hero to fading pigmentation problem especially melasma, sun spots, and acne scar. It’s quite toxic because it’s like bleaching your skin and makes skin sensitive to sun. This to apply thin layer into the entire whole face and do not attempt to dot it because it can cause serious discoloration!  So what can I notice is, my acne post-scars are lighten a bit, even in bare-face without make up!



Step 3. Dr Glow Tretinoin/ Retin A.
If I’m not mistaken, Tretinoin contains vit A which can make skin glowing because the functions are: 1. Combat acne. 2. Reduce fine lines and wrinkles. 3. Improve skin complexion... But, the downside is, again, photo-sensitivity, makes skin fragile to sun exposure.
It’s 0.05% of Tretinoin and to be applied pea-sized amount for entire face. They key is less is more. Okay, I’m a bit confused because as per google, Tretinoin only can be used during night time because of the photo-sensitivity thingy. But my derma suggested me to apply day and night. I’m not too sure which is which.




Step 4. Obagi 4- Exfoderm Forte.
This is to exfoliate the skin. What I can notice is, when I apply, I can feel tingling sensation like the products have some ingredients to peel my skin layer by layer. (True story) . The tingling sensation could be extremely uncomfortable especially when I apply in the wound area. It feels so pain, sometime. But exfoliating meaning trigger the new cell growth and new cell skin= smooth like baby’s buttock! :-D




Step 5. (Optional.  As I just add this after week 2) Hydrocortisone.




Actually, any moisturizer will do but since the derma gave me this Hydrocortisone, might I as well, use it. I apply it only in certain area such as around lips, temple, almost side of both eyes, side of the nose. Basically, the areas which prone to dry and crack more. It soothe the skin cause of minor irritation, itch,  and rash. 
Oh ya side track abit, I heard Obagi 5, Blender, is good for diminishing dark spots. Combine it with tretinoin. But since the derma never prescribed me this I should ask her next appointment.

Step 6. Vitara Facial Sunscreen. SPF 60.
UVA and UVB sun protection. Water resistant . Self-explanatory lah.  I like this sunscreen because it’s light texture and have brown shade. I used it under my powder so don’t need to apply foundation/ BB/ CC Cream anymore.



Step 7. Do normal powder, eye, and lip make up, etc…

And then, for evening routine:

I always make sure to double cleanse during night time routine, because:  1. Oil cleansing is good to dissolve all dirts, make up, unwanted impurities that clogged in our pores whole day. 2. Normal facial wash to double cleanse the face by gel facial wash and water, to ensure that all impurities down to drain. Finish it up with cool temperature water, to refresh as well as shrink the pores.
For night time I only use step 0-5 only. Then finish it with lipbalm to prevent cracking. Nah, lipbalm that I used are: 1. ROC Enydrial Repairing Lip Care.  2. Dermalogica Climate Control Lip Treatment. These lipbalm costs a bomb but I tell you, it’s worth it coz the good price comes with good quality, agree!? E.g.  I just had cracked lips yesterday and apply these babes three times (morning, day, night ) then the next day, ta dah! No more chapped lips. The best is, to slap these lipbalms before sleep. Let it moisturize overnight to get its best result.



Okay, let me ramble a bit at the end of this post. *Drama mode on*

I'm just wondering, why is it so difficult to have a clearer skin!?

My dream is to spend less time on make up every morning so that I can have more time to sleep and being able to look at my face straight in the mirror and see clear skin. Having confident to say, hey, I am beautiful (clear skin) with or without make up!

To be able to walk in the rain, jump and dance around, without worrying all my make up being washed off.

To be able to see people right in their eyes. Without worrying too much on my blemishes or dark spots or whatsoever in my face.

To be able to have normal skin, so that my makeup can stay longer throughout the day. Not too oily that my makeup will just melt once stepped out of the house. Not too dry until my skin cracked and chapped lips, also!

It's just a simple thing that I asked, but why is it so difficult? Now I'm not in the mood for anything I just want a clear skin. 

Now I’m on 1 month, and still hoping.

Please, pray for me.


*Drama switch off*

Good night.

-Deb-

No comments: