Friday 4 October 2013

Week 7 and 8 on Obagi and Acnotin


To pick up from what I 've left off. The reason why I just update now is because: 1. same thing, I was too busy last week and this week, too… trainings, stupid office politics, kanji test, holiday preparation, etc, etc….2. My face is improving A LOT better. There was one day when I wake up in the morning, see mirror, and found no active zits + even skin tone. Washing my face is becoming one of my fave new addictions because I can feel no bumps/ hurts/ whatsoever. Totally smooth flat surface. I love it! Oh ya, except the one cystic on left and another one on right jaw which sitting there nicely, I am doing fine. I don’t know what’s going on there but it’s really no head or tail or rather I can say, it just a small bump with a bit of discoloration which doesn’t hurt. I really don’t know what the hell they are!? *arm fist*

Although I got no active zits but I still suffer from the acne-scar. Dot dot dot like hyperpigmentation. 

Sigh.

OK, I am the master of concealing those ugliness so at least they're not so obvious.

Okay, so last week was exactly week 7 and was my derma’s review appointment again. Third time I’m seeing her already. This time round, I was a bit discouraged because what happened was that:
She examined my face, she said, ok, NOW YOUR SKIN HAS IMPROVED A LOT. But still you need to take 20MG of Acnotin for another 1 month. I was like, WHAT!?? …I shoot her; CAN I JUST TAKE 10MG? Since my skin improving and I couldn’t take the side effect no more. She replied, yeah can, but can you take the risk of acne flaring up again!? OK. SHE WINS.  So another 20MG for another month haiz….If I’m not mistaken, 20MG cost me SGD 90 for a month. Maybe 10MG is half price.


Almost my topical creams are finishing soon so I need to top up.  Since it costs me a bomb so might as well I share it here but price is varies depend on which derma you go and this is for GUIDELINE ONLY. AND I’M NOT TRYING TO BRAGGING, TOO. Okay, disclaimer done. Here we go.


For Obagi facial wash and toner, this is an optional coz I don’t really purchase it. I used back my Neutrogena facial wash and Kiehl’s Calendula toner which obviously cheaper. But I found a way to get it online and it’s cheaper by $8-10 bucks only. Lead time is 2-4 weeks.

For Topicil, since the price is under $50, I don’t even bother to find cheaper online price. Kidding. I tried to find but yet to avail. So I think this must buy with doctor’s prescription and bought it over the counter.

For Obagi Clear, there is no way to buy online and it is only available at the derma’s counter.  It costs me $112 (after 20% discount). Normal retail price is $140. Again, price may vary.
For Tretinoin, I purchased it in derma’s counter at $35. Come to my surprise, I managed to stretch it to 2 months usage. And my face still bloody red despite I use very thinly amount.

For Obagi Exfoderm Forte, over the counter, 57G cost me about $96 after 20% discount, but I bought online $81.50. Yippie. The downside is, I gotta wait 2-4 weeks’ time.

The rest, like Hydrocortisone cream and SPF, I still have tons of it so I just wait till finish before repurchasing it again. I also quite surprised how I managed to stretch all the topical creams maybe my face is smaller now. Haha.

For oral medication, I’m still doing fine with Erythromycin and Acnotin but I’m dreadly to ask for 10MG instead of 20MG….Let’s see next appointment lah.

You guys still remember when I told ya about using Exfoderm at night leaving me a tingling sensation? I have consulted to my derma and ask why didn’t she give me Blender at night instead. She just saying that, if the tingling sensation only last for few minutes and it’s subside….nothing to be worry about. It’s just a way to saving up a penny because Blender and Exfoderm Forte are basically have same exfoliation functions. So rather than wasting another $96, might as well using same product morning and night!? She suggests if the tingling sensation become worse and worsen, by then I have to apply Tretinoin thinly at evening. Or use Exfoderm in alternate day. Ok, I heed her advice and it worked! At least, the tingling sensation subsides pretty quickly and I am satisfied customer now J


Hmm what else ah….Oh ya, side track a bit. This month is officially 1 year of me doing the braces. Yippie 1 year anniversary! *Proud face*. Within a year, my face contour has changed tremendously now I have even smaller face. I don’t know how to explain coz recently; almost all my colleagues are asking whether I got do filler or botox or cosmetic surgery or not, how come my face change but they also cannot tell what the change is. They said last time my cheek was plumper and chubbier but now it’s sunken!? (Don’t know it’s a good sign a not). Maybe more 3D!? I don’t know how to explain. Now my homework is digging my old photos for comparison purposes. Haha.

Starting from 8/10, next week is my week 9. I can proudly say, my skin is improving tremendously! As per brochure, I still have 9 more weeks to go so I was like, yeah! I am half way through journey to the healthiest skin that I dreamt of. Next appointment is 26 October, for the fourth review. Next visit, I gotta ask for smaller dosage of medication, promise! I don’t mind to use topical cream for the rest of my life but for the medication…the thing that I need to put inside my body….A bit skeptical about it…I completely aware it’s not good for long term…So what to do!?

Ok, see you at week 9!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello, I Believe i sent my message to you via Google+ so read it there.

I wanna ask about Acnotin Advices from you. Like the location of where you purchase Acnotin 20 & At what cost.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I have a friend who distributes Acnotin (both 10mg and 20mgs) and you could get them at a good rate. Please email me if you are interested. Thanks =)
skinboostors@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is skinboostor. We distribute and sell acnotin. Do contact us at skinboostors@gmail.com if you would like to get them. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Contacted skinboostors but no reply. Have your friend stop selling them?