Saturday 29 August 2015

Brite vs Pearlie White Retainer's cleaner

It's been a month plus since I took out my braces.

It's been a good month!

Hallelujah!

To avoid relapse, the dentist advised me to put on retainers 24/7 for six months and after that only night retainers for the rest of my life. And it's not cheap though! cost $300 for a pair of retainers. 

The difference between day and night retainers are:

Day retainers:
1. Thinner and more fragile
2. Easier to remove
3. Thus it's not so obvious when I'm wearing day retainers

Night retainers:
1. Thicker and less fragile
2. Difficult to remove.
3. Thus it's pretty obvious when I'm wearing night retainers. Heck I can't even close my mouth! 


So since it's not cheap and it's become my daily routine. I need to take care of my retainers and keep it clean. I heard poor hygiene will make retainers turn yellowish and *opss* smelly. 

I bet people will turn off when seeing nice straight teeth but yellowish and smelly!? 

So much thing for the sake of beauty!

So I used these 2 brands for maintaining my braces. 



 Brite Retainer. You can't find this in Singapore. 
Bought via Amazon/ Fishpond with 7-14 days delivery. 
Total damage $25+


Put the retainers in the container, add water, and put tablet effervescent it'll be dissolve in the water. 
Brite Retainers dissolve into blue colour.
Wait for 15-20 mins, rinse, and ta-dah....new, fresh, and smells good!

  

 Pearlie White 
Ok this is denture cleaner not retainer cleaner but it serves the same purposes!
Sold in Singapore. 
Total damage $7+


Put the retainers in the container, add water, and put tablet effervescent it'll be dissolve in the water. 
 Pearlie White dissolve into green colour.

Wait for 15-20 mins, rinse, and ta-dah....new, fresh, and smells good!
I heard using this brand will turn retainers into yellowish since it's not specifically for retainers...but so far so good, my braces still as white transparent as before!

So if you ask me, I'd still prefer Brite but since it's not sold in Singapore  and price wise is quite expensive....I'll stick to Pearlie White for the time being!

Oh ya it's recommended to use this on daily basis but I used alternate days.

Ok, that's all for the review.

Thanks for reading.


-Deb-





No comments: