Monday 19 September 2011

Losing my Religion

Losing my Religion (3- 18 September)

Part 1- Beyond what I feel - TRUTH (John 8: 31-32)

Here are the points that Ps Jeff brought:
1. God’s truth guides me: John 8:31
Bring God to every aspect in your life, breathe Him and feel Him in your blood, bring His Glory to your family, to your LG, to your work, and etc… God is definitely longs to lead you more than you long to be led by God.
2. God's truth liberates me: John 8:32
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. (Galatia 5:1). Freedom in the sense of free of sins and free to choose what God’s wanted to do in our life.

Part 2- Beyond what I Hear- TRUST (Proverbs 3: 5-6)


Here are the points that Ps Hong Teck brought:


1. Trust God beyond our own understanding. 


Trusting Him with our heart, body, and soul requires us to love God. 
Gospel + Human understanding= Religion
Gospel + Godly understanding= Wisdom
Like the bible says in Proverbs 4: 6 Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you, love her and she will watch over you.


2. Trust God by living it out Faith
Trust Him always that He will lead us into correct direction.  Trust Him in every aspects of your life, Physically, mentally, socially, spiritually, emotionally, financially, professionally.


E.g: Financially: I trust God will provide me when I tithing. Professionally: I trust God will make my career to expand His Kingdom. Socially: I trust God will use my talent to outreach or share gospel in order to serve Him. 




Part 3- Beyond What I do- HEART (Ezekiel 36:26-27)


Here are the points that Ps Johanes brought:


1. Receiving a new heart that is responsive to God.


God is interested in our heart and longs to change our heart from stone heart ( stubborn and rebel heart) into heart of flesh ( soft to listen and obey God)
Obedience will take part by itself when the heart is responding to God. We as Christian, are encourage to ask and cry out for new heart.


2. Receiving the Holy spirit who empower you to do God's will.
The bible says in Mark 16: 17-18. Christianity is about what God can do through me. With Holy ghost with me, I can save man, cast evil spirit, and do great things. 


This verse is really struck my heart: Jonah 4:2, " God is a gracious and compassionate God slow in anger and abounding in love, A God who relents from sending calamity. " 


In addition, the upcoming sermon series is about transformers: influencing our worlds. Yeah! 


-Deb-









1 comment:

denni said...

Wow, nice summary, Deb. Thanks for sharing, keep 'em comin' (: