Saturday 17 September 2011

Extra Virgin Minerals- The Body Shop

The Body Shop just released their new product range: Extra Virgin Minerals. It comes with the Extra Virgin Minerals: Cream Compact Foundation SPF 15,  Extra Virgin Minerals: Liquid Foundation SPF 30, and Extra Virgin Minerals: Loose Powder Foundation SPF 25.

First thing comes in my mind, what's the difference between the new Extra Virgin Minerals and the old Nature's Mineral?

First, is the ingredient, the new Extra Virgin Minerals using 100% Community Fair Trade Italian cold- pressed  Extra Virgin Olive Oil and ultra- pure mineral pigments. So your skin will be moisturised by virgin oil property while putting your make up on. In short, Make up + treatment at the same time, how cool is that!?

Second, is the packaging, well... it's still comes in black colour but the new product emphasizes on the usage of  Extra Virgin Oil properties. Here is the picture.




I've been using it for about 2 weeks and there are the things that I like and I don't like.

PRO'S: This product really provides my face a full coverage yet still can achieve a translucent pure-natural beautiful skin. All the skin impurities such as acne, acne-scar, freckles, white heads, black heads, and even wrinkles, can be fully covered. Even the foundation cream won't get easily *caked or *patched, too. Love this so much! :-)

CON'S:  Well, the olive oil property in the product is the best for moisturising the skin. And definitely not too suitable for my oily skin. I have oily skin. Very oily. I can find after few hours apply, my skin gets oily pretty easily and I have to always use blotter paper every 3-4 hours. Can you imagine a busy day in the office plus, a busy me blotting my face like so many times a day!? :-(

There are basically four shades available which you can find here. For me, I used the Cream Compact Foundation SPF 15 and Loose Powder Foundation SPF 25, both shade 102 Natural Ivory.

For more information, you can browse TBS website or simply visit the store.

Try it...and leave a comment or review of this product. I believe this product works well with normal or dry skin. Good Luck.

-Deb-



3 comments:

Mel Zhang said...

Body shop ambassador u Deb...
kl jadi beauty ambassador gt bisa dpt freebies nyobain productnya buat u review lho..
but i dunno how.. gw baca blog laen mrk pada jd ambassador nya ettusais.

Unknown said...

ga cocok ama kulit kita yg oily donk deb?

dhebora87 said...

Hi Nita,

Iyah sepertinya more suitable buat normal or dry skin...

orelse bring blotter paper 24/7 like me hehehe :-)