Wednesday 29 January 2014

Week 25- Maintenance program

This week marks my 25th week on voyage with Accutane and Obagi system.

Hence my previous post, my last 2013's appointment with derma, told my disappointment towards my condition, even now my skin has been improved so much THANKS to this system, but I’m still ON with it, for maintenance's sake, well, I’ve got no choice….

I,  honestly, am afraid of everything. 

I’m afraid with the facts that I’m still under Accutane.

I’m afraid with the facts that my face blush easily and so sensitive till to the extent,  I need to avoid the sun. (Indeed I know the feeling of Damon and Elena without wearing Day-Walking Amulet/ Ring)

I’m afraid that one day, the risk of getting relapse again, in future, once I stop this system and the Accutane off from my blood system. 

I’m afraid of…literally…everything...

So...


On 2 Jan, as per my derma’s prescription, I’m down from 10 mg everyday to 10 mg every other day. 

But still, Obagi need to be worn every day and night without fail. 

Last week was my derma appointment again. And she asked, how did it go with this dosage plan. 

After I told her everything, such as, sometime pimple/ red dots appear maybe one or two but will be disappeared within few days. Or face oilier during the day off of Accutane, etc... As a result, the derma asking me up 10mg every day again for another 2 weeks! Oh I almost fainted! But I discreetly not really obeying her coz I'm still following the initial dosage (10mg every other day) hahaha....




Changes:

1.     I always take Accutane at night time, the next day, my face will look flawlessly not oily. The day without Accutane, my face look a bit oilier especially T-zone area.

2.     No more muscle ache now but since I switched to Accutane every other day, the muscle ache come back although not too severe. I can sleep much better because of that thing, it makes me drowsy.

3.     Dry dry dry still persist…nothing changes….Oh ya, I have experience once I forgot to wash my hair for 3 days and it still not oily!

4.     Last week I have 2 small zits on the forehead and 1 zit on right cheek. It was very small and subsides within 2 days. The zits are red colour and very small. More like red dots rather than red zits, I supposed….Now having 1 zit making me feel so weird….you know what I meant? *high expectation now hahaha!*

5.     I’m starting to use Biore porepack for my nose coz the blackheads/ whiteheads getting more and more on this area. Come to my surprise is that, I think Accutane really makes my skin tissue quite fragile and easily to strip or something, I used Biore porepack and found it picked up lots of impurities and I really lovvveee it. You know, what I meant? What an accomplishment, right!

Good thing is that, almost all my friends notice it. They are like, Oh Deb, now your skin improved and so pretty (hehehe) but still, I can easily blush why oh why!??

Anyway, I’ve come to a terms whereby no matter what I do to my skin, it won’t get enough. I won’t be satisfied. So I learn to accept it. This is part of my body and I start to learn to love it, day by day.
Like an old folks says, Beauty comes from within…. Eating healthily, exercise regularly, grow spiritually, humble to learn something new, to gain wisdom, hunger for God's word, and cherish MY FAMILY. These traits are more important than anything in this world. More than just a pretty face.
Ok, that’s that! Thanks for reading my humble blog, readers! J


-Deb-

No comments: