Tuesday 7 January 2014

EOS lipbalm, Evolution of Smooth

If you happen to be Miley Cyrus’s fan (or haters), you must’ve known that in one of her video clip, (We can’t stop) , she’s applying egg-shaped lip balm, called EOS. The egg shaped lip balm, extremely cute and fascinating, especially the reaction of other people’s face when applying  this lip balm in the public...

Well, since I’m a lip balm addict somehow now, especially after I was on Accutane treatment last year, I’ve been searching high and low, different kind of lip balm, trial and error. Literally. The past review can be found here and here.

When I found out about this egg shaped lip balm, EOS, in the internet , I was fascinating about the look and packaging . I’ve been trying high and low to search all around Singapore, but not to avail. 

During my HK trip, I saw this at Watson, Macau and went berserk. Haha. Wanted to buy all the range but only available Summer Fruit and Sweet Mint only L

Price is HKD 49 (if I’m not mistaken). But if you live in US, you can easily find it at local drugstore or Walgreens at US$ 3.99 (disclaimer: Based on online price) God bless America!











So here’s my review:


Pro:

  • It is 95% organic, 100% natural and paraben and petroleum free. 
  • The egg-shaped EOS is somehow (for me) easier to keep it in my bag, easier to find it as well as the shape is egg-shaped not like normal lip balm which I always mistaken as pens or lipsticks. But maybe it’s difficult to bring and put in the pocket (for guys).
  •  The scent. Oh God gracious, mamma mia! the scent! The summer fruit has summer scent (like passion fruity/ floral scent) and Sweet mint has Darlie scent (kidding) well, I mean, like peppermint scent. Moreover, sweet mint has minty/ tingling sensation after apply and I like it so much!
  •  To moisturize lips with this fascinating egg-shaped lip balm and fruity / floral scent is quite a good experience! Even Giselle like it! Sounds gross but I’m sharing lip balm with her! yikes! Oh ya btw, the wax is surprisingly long lasting, even after I drink tons of water many many times. But still, the power of lip balm, still need to re-apply many many times throughout the day.


Cons:
  •  Not yet available in Singapore. Even Sasa oso no carry! Yet! Why oh why!? Sephora pls bring them in!
  • A bit pricey. But for me, HKD 49= SGD 8-9 so it’s still less than SGD 10 and I think it’s justifiable. 
  • The formula really that powerful can fix chapped lips. Well my case is actually chapped lips to the max one, very jialat one. So, it does moisturizing but not that powerful as high brand lip balm. 


So all in all, people, if you happen to find EOS in Singapore can leave me a comment below, pls!? Or if you happen to go HK pls help me to buy yo! Haha…

-Deb- 



No comments: