Tuesday 21 January 2014

HK trip- Day 4 Macau and home sweet home

Day 4 , we went to Macau. It was pretty bad weather and the ferry journey was like 1 hour non-stop roller coaster rides.  

It really scared the hell out of me. Sea sickness on the way back and I vomited all my heart out.  Haiz. 

Okay, pictures! 


























Queuing up for Lord Stow's portuguese egg tart. It was the yummiest egg tart ever! 
Btw, we didn't even go out to St. Paul church or any outdoor activities coz of bad weather. It was so cold outside luckily I brought all of my winter gloves. 
































Last day, went back home....our flight is in the noon time so we still have time for breakfast.
Time to say goodbye to Nana aunt and Kenny uncle.

Wait! I haven't finished yet! For me, HK was a good place to visit but it would be my first and last time visiting this country. Why?
  1. Firstly, bad customer service. People there are so rude and ignorant, no sense of helping tourist or promote tourism or something like that. First day, when we lost our way to hotel, out of 10 people, only 2 guys who willingly to helped us. The ratio is 10: 2. I know that they have broken English and resist to outsiders, but people asking for help also only reply, "I don't know". Don't even bother to listen further. 
  2. We have difficulties to eating out coz goddammit the signboard of the eating places, mostly are in Chinese. The menu is in Chinese. But the waiter there speaks more Cantonese than Mandarin. My mom had to be the one who translate to us, with her limited Bahasa and it really stressful when it comes to meal time. Moreover, the portion is huge so I gotta share with Giselle, motherly feeling of mine, scared the food not enough so I ordered 2 portion for me and Giselle, end up cannot finish also what a waste!
  3. The food was tasteless. Chicken rice is cold and no taste, Noodles soup is cold, Porridge is dilute and cold, Pork sausage is hard to chew. What a disaster. All of those foods, I only like dim sum and yinyong milk tea only. The rest are disastrous. 
  4. Luckily I didn't have time to go to Ladies Market or street market kind of thing, bless in disguise! I heard from my friend (or even online) that the seller there are extremely unfriendly and once you bargain, make sure you HAD to BUY it or they will scold you like their father mother business. 



Ok, enough for the rambling, shall I close this post with the last two picture in HK. 

Home sweet home. 

Bye!











-Deb-





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Deb, I agree with you about the bad customer service, rude people and so on.
And, It's not a place I'd love to visit again, either.

But to be fair, I found the food there was quite yummy. Much better than Singapore. Maybe I was simply lucky getting in to the right restaurant :)

dhebora87 said...

yes, NIt...you are right....hahaha I should've done my homework about eating places first beforehand! haha....