Thursday 24 May 2012

Tattoo after care

Time flies so fast. It has been a month since I got my tattoo.

Okie, if you search how to do *after*care* tattoo. There are millions of websites, which will give you bunch of ideas on how to maintain your tattoo. You can follow them never mind. But personally I think It's still better to follow the after-care's instruction from your personal tattooist. Why...Because they were the one who done your tattoo and literally they held a responsibility of the quality of your tattoo, even after you leave their studio.

So now, here is my update of the after-care tattoo. 

After an hour pain of suffering, the tattooist wrap my tattoo with a plastic wrapper. It should be wrapped immediately in order to protect it from dust, bacteria, etc entering my tattoo...remember a fresh tattoo is an open wound and definitely it's very fragile... This is to prevent skin infection as well.

So after 3- 4 hours, the plastic wrapper can be removed and immediately rinse the tattoo with water. Don't direct spray into it as it is still very fragile. A little of bleeding is expected, not to worry it's normal.
So what I did is just letting water flowing to my tattoo gently...

After that, gently pat dry with tissue or soft towel/ cloth. For me, Since I got this *special* gel from Whopper, so I used this gel.  No scent, No taste. It's just a like a watery antiseptic gel.
After application, gotta bun my hair up to let it dry. Go to sleep. I anticipated of little bit bleed of ink or blood, so clever me cover my pillow with small towel. :-D



Special After- Care Gel.


After doing the same thing for 3 days, I switched to this Tattoo Goo. It cost me $20. I don't think you can find it in Singapore but you can check here. The ingredients are designed not only to heal the fresh tattoo, it can restore and preserve the colour of the tattoo.




Tattoo Goo. Bought online. 



Personally I really satisfied on how Tattoo Goo done a good job on my tattoo. Thumbs up!
I used twice a day (morning and evening) for the first and second week. 
Now I don't use it anymore as I think it's not good to over-moisturised the tattoo...Instead, I switched to Eucerin, which a normal unscented lotion for dry skin. Not obliged to Eucerin, actually any lotion will do as long as it unscented and moisturised the skin. 


So this is my way to do after care tattoo. Simple and easy. How about your's?  :-D





-Deb-

No comments: