Tuesday 24 April 2012

Butterfly Tattoo

Yeah! I finally got my first tattoo! After think about it for quite long time...

Finally I DID IT!

Today I visited tattoo studio, located at The Riverwalk, Clarke Quay. Called the owner, Mr Whopper Tan to arrange a consultation ONLY. Well....I swear I just intended to go for a quick consultation...end up I did a tattoo there...:-D

So first, I showed him the picture that I like, A cute pretty butterfly in blue colour. I asked him what colour should I choose because I have an original tanned skin. He recommends me orange/ red colour which matches my skin perfectly. On the other hand, blue or purple are more suitable for fair skin....Sadness...:-(
After hearing that, I super duper confuse coz initially this is my first time doing tattoo...I just want to have a nice and beautiful blue/ purple tattoo or at least simple plain black tattoo....
Cut story short, I decided to trust him since he is a tattoo-expert...So let's get started! :-D


First, his tattooist/ apprentice-so called, Ms Apple Qu, took my butterfly photo and draw it into the tracing paper. After finish drawing the exact size that suitable for me, she prepared all the inks and equipments, asked me to confirm/ check that all needles are brand new/ still unused, etc...then place the tracing paper and draw the pattern into my skin.



Make out the pattern on my skin
I have to bun my hair up





Oh dear! It's freaking painful.



The bigger needle is, the more painful it is!
I was quite nervous for the first few minutes, especially after hearing the rrrr (needle/ machine/ whatsoever) sounds. But after that, the pain is quite durable. I didn't chickened out nor runaway at that time, okie....
Brave girl!


Colouring time


I think for the whole entire process of tattooing, this is the most painful part! So freaking pain. I feel like a huge razor slicing out my skin bit by bit, literally.... I can feel the push and vibrate of the needle, constantly overlapping poke into the same area of my skin. Hell!


Me: Is it finished yet?
Apple: No...

5 mins later...

Me: Is it finished yet?
Apple: No...
Me: Sigh!





Ta daa! a beautiful butterfly on my back!
After an hour of suffering


After-Care:
Soon after, she wrapped my tattoo to keep it clean from any dust/ water, make it dry completely. I got some gel to apply as well. As per Whopper, it will be a constant itch overtime due to healing process and I've got to bear myself not to scratch it out. The whole healing process will take about 2 weeks. If I feel dissatisfied, I can go back again to do touch up (most likely, hehehe...)

Some people say, once you done a tattoo, you will become addicted to it and will do more and more tattoos in the future. I just wondering to myself, will I? won't I?
Maybe I prefer to treat myself for a Dorothy perkin's dress or a good meal at ramen shop?


Ps: Thanks to Mel, who accompanied me today. Some so-called- a good small talk to distract me from the pain. :-D
Thanks to Apple, to entertain the annoying me, keep on throwing silly questions, Is it finished, Is it finished, every 5 mins. LOL.

-Deb-





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

best skin care regimen for women in 30s

my web site - dry skin patches in hairline