Thursday 12 April 2012

Wisdom Tooth

Today, is the day that I have to say good bye to my wisdom tooth. In Bahasa, is called as Gigi Geraham Bungsu.


Wisdom tooth usually appear between 17 to 25 years old. It's the last teeth to come through, just right at the back of gum line. Most adult normally have wisdom tooth. Some of them will experience discomfort because the tooth becomes impacted, growing out of the gum line, make the gum swollen, redness, or even worst, infection.


The symptoms are sore gum, severe ulcer, constant pain at the back of the mouth just right behind molars, jaw pain when you open your mouth/ eat/ speak, headache, and earache.



The Dentist Terror.

Having these above symptoms awaken me that I do really have an impacted wisdom tooth growing in my gum. After a quick search of Google, I decided to visit dentist AT ONCE.

I decided to book an appointment with Q & M Dental Surgery @ Hougang Mall. After consultation, my dentist confirmed that this wisdom tooth is an impacted tooth, growing backward (that is why my gum sore and pain), and need to be removed immediately. If its not removed, it will prolong my suffering, as it will be continue to swell and sore, the worst, gum-infection.

Without having a second thoughts, I do consent for tooth-extraction. Then my dentist explained the process of tooth-extraction. He will at first, perform x-ray to see the position of the root, then inject both side of gum with anaesthetic. Once anaesthetic kicked in, he will perform the extraction. There is a chance of tooth might be cracked or chipped during extraction process. If this happens, we have to go for minor surgery.

Thank God, the tooth extraction is a complete success. My wisdom tooth completely removed without cracked/ chipped scenarios. All entire process cost me 150 bucks.




Wisdom tooth cost me $150



After- Care: Right after extraction, I cannot eat/ speak fluently for an hour, until the bleeding stop completely. I've been taking pain-killer to reduce the pain.
These few days, I have to be extra care, extra gentle, when doing teething-activity. Brush, rinse, and eating soft foods. Until the gum healing completely.

Ps: I hope by extracting out my wisdom tooth, I can be more wisdom!?



-Deb-



4 comments:

Dance Your Life Away said...

What a cute conclusion... ^___^

How are you, Deb? Hope you doing fine. Have more soft food & drink more water, sayang.

Velly said...

U should use traditional method. pull a string from ur wisdom tooth, tight it to an iron. than the iron outside the window.. it cost you only an iron :p

dhebora87 said...

Hi Chin,

thanks, darling... :-D

hi Velly,

good idea, thanks for the idea, Vel...but its so barbaric....scared nea, LOL :-D

dhebora87 said...

Hi Chin,

thanks, darling... :-D

hi Velly,

good idea, thanks for the idea, Vel...but its so barbaric....scared nea, LOL :-D