Tuesday 6 May 2014

Updates on maintenance phase using Obagi

Hi guys, 

Update!

Last week was my trip to Derma again.

Lazy to update but for the sake of journaling my Obagi and Accutane’s journey, I shall suck up my laziness and start to write type now! 

So the last time my appointment was on January . It was my 25th week journey. 

To catch up on what I’ve left of, previously, I was prescribed 10MG on alternate days, which means, there was 1 week where I needed to take 3 pills and another week needed to take 4 pills in total.  
My skin reaction was quite good for this dosage. At first, I noticed drier skin when taking pills the night before, and oilier skin when not taking pills.

But over a month or two (I’m not too sure when exactly it was, lose track already) my skin reacted again, no matter I take/ don’t take pills it will be moderately oily.  Like the oil distributed evenly on my face. I was thinking to myself, oh … so this is the feeling of having normal skin. Not oily or dry  nor combination type.

So! here's update! 40th week now!


  • Topical cream


The last week’s Derma visit, I bought the whole set of topical cream (including Obagi) to replenish my stocks, indeed, the whole sets really break my bank!

Come to my surprise, suddenly my derma said, "I think your skin is ok now, u can use Obagi like twice a week already, no need everyday now"
I was like, "really? But if I don’t use Obagi everyday then what kind of cream I shall use, doctor?"
She said, "use your own moisturizer but still using our SPF coz ours is SPF 60! Higher protection!"

*hip hip hurray*


So yeah! I can use my own moisturiser from now on. A bit skeptical about not wearing Obagi every day anymore, hmmm, maybe for a starter, I use my own moisturizer + SPF in the day and still using Obagi night time, what do you think? 

I’m really afraid of my skin having a relapse later, then how? I don't want to go to that emotional breakdown phase anymore!

Oh ya I read news in the internet that using hydroquinone for long time will affect the fertility or worst, skin cancer. Quite shock facts actually this ingredients has been banned in Europe!

Speaking about Obagi ( a note to myself) Obagi 3 makes our skins fairer and whiter, and Obagi 4 fades our sunspot/freckles/impurities, whatsoever dirt on the face. 



  • Acnotin

For oral treatment, now my dosage reduces from 3-4 times a week, to 2 times a week. 

*hip hip hurray.*

 I just bought my 30 caps supply for about $60 and it can last me around 3 months plus (if my calculation is correct)

Nothing much different, just take it night time just before sleep.


Anyhow,

My next appointment though will be on July 5th. I hope after this I can be forever free from Accutane although I don’t mind wearing Obagi on every other day/ during night time only Let’s see... 

Now I’m on the final phase of my journey. Or can I say, I am now in the end of the maintenance phase!? *snob face*


Talking about sunspots....


So far my skin is still good as it is, no more zits, although I need to hide from the sun like 24/7.

OMG! My boracay trip was causing 2-3 sunspots on my cheek. Additionally, a picnic trip to Botanical Garden over the weekend left me with another set of sunspots!

Arrghh!!  Why I’m getting sunspots in my twenties? I thought this problem, sunspots, sunkissed, freckles, melasma, or whatever name they are, only happen to Ang-moh or thirties or fourties aunty!?

So now no more outdoor activity for me, I'm shy to Mr Sun now. 

Looking back, I started this journey on August 2013, the post can be read,here. It's been a good 9 months. Up and down. Joy and tears. There's no turning back, man...


Okie, that’s that. Will update again on July, after my visit to derma again. Wish me luck, Ciao!


-Deb-




 




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, may I know which dermatologist you are visiting as i'm struggling with acne problems too. Thanks so much!