Sunday 22 September 2013

Lipbalms Review

It's my first time doing lip balm review!


I've never really into lipbalm like this before. Because technically speaking, I am an oily or combination skin thus my lip is also always moisturised like 24/7. But if you saw my post last month I was on accutane, and I still am on that right now, the most common side effect that I have is, dry lips. So to tackle this, is to, slap tons of lip balm which are now my new "love" addiction. :-)

Here we go!




1st review: Dermalogica Climate Control Lip Treatment $22.90 - $25.90 (price may vary)

What I like about this product is that, it's not only moisturise the lip but also repair the damage tissue on lips. The strong scent of Shea butter makes me love to apply and re-apply it every now and then! I don't think there is some SPF on it so I only use it at night time or when I feel like my lips is going to tear anytime any soon. Oh ya I got it free when I bought Dermalogica Medibac and Oily Skin Kit this January, more details, click here. Long story short, I ordered kit from Feel Beautiful.com and found out that they've sent wrong kit and then the next day I emailed them to notify. The next few days, they sent me this lip treatment. Talking about good service! :-)








2nd: Mary Kay Satinlips Lipbalm ($ pls check website or Mary Kay sales girl, interested email me I got "lobang") 

Short one, Mary Kay is the best lipbalm for more robust and long lasting performance. Hydrates up to 6 hours (as per website) and I bought it back in 2012. Did a review here. I'm quite surprise that it still in good condition and as you can see below pics, its almost finishing soon nooooo.....:-( 






3rd: My beloved ROC Enydrial Stick Levres Reparateur ($ 18 +/- )
In fact, this is my second lip balm purchased, as the first one was like, I didn't know where I put la. Forget already! It made me sad when I lost my first ever expensive lip balm.
 I'm quite loving it because the texture of this lip balm is so smooth and moisturise just nice. Not too little, not too much as well. Very good finishing. Oh ya, and no scent as well. No paraben. 
But recently, the stick broke and I gotta use this broken stick to apply on my lips. Yah, now that's explained why it always leave a white-cast or white- residue on my lips every time I applied it. 
You can buy in Watson and Guardian. 







4rd: VichyAqualia Thermal Levres Lips ( $18 +/- )
Anyway, Levre is lip in French. haha I just google it. :-) So I think both ROC and Vichy from France!? 

Anyhow, this is the most second expensive lipbalm that I bought over the drugstore. The texture is almost the same as ROC but I love the vanila scent of it! No paraben. 
It's kind of soothing me (coz the of scent) and I always put it at home because: 1. No SPF so I use it on evening. 2. Expensive so better keep at home ah cheapo mode on hahaha. So after my ROC finished I will use this one. 









5th: Vaseline Lip Therapy
I love Vaseline but of course, the performance not as good as high-brand lip balm. It only contains petroleum jelly (like any other Vaseline does) and it just to help to smoothen the chapped lips. That's it. No repairing. No soothing effect. Just smoothen. The price is under $ 5 if I'm not mistaken. No frills, indeed. 





6 rd: Chapstick. I think guys know better about this chapstick. From what I know this brand is quite popular in US especially among guys (because contain no colour, less scent).
 So far I only can find chapstick in selected Guardian in Singapore. It's quite cheap $2 per stick but again, sorry to say, this is a frills product so you get what you'll pay. It contains SPF 10 so its good to use during the day. I tried it for 3 consecutive days, and I can feel that it just helped to "lubricate" the lips but without any repair or whatsoever effects. My lips was still chapped pretty badly so after that day onwards, I'll just throw it away. The scent is unpleasant to me so it's big no no for me. 




My conclusion is, the more expensive the lip balm is, the better quality it is.
France/ Europe brand has better quality than US brand because I think European weather has pretty harsh cold weather, which means, they (as in the dermatologist) really have an urge and devoted their time and experience to invent those robust, high-performance lip balm to treat / repair cracked lips from bad harsh cold weather. Or maybe it is just me, I don't even have a chance to try those good US brand such as EOS and Burt's Bees!? :-D


Nevertheless, if you happened to know some good quality lip balm or lip repair, pls recommend to me, I need it pretty badly!

Thanks.


-Deb-









No comments: