Saturday 17 August 2013

Obagi NuDerm System + Isotretinoin week 2

Updates!

This is week 2 of me, wearing Obagi NuDerm System and Isotretinoin. So far so good.

Inside view: as I expected, redness and itchy at the cheek area and flaky around mouth area. To tackle this, I slap tons of moisturiser cream (which already given by my derma) and wear lip balm often (like maybe 3-4 hours apart).

And then, taken vit C or E intermittently. Oops, I mean I will take those vitamins if I remember, hahaha....

The funniest thing is that, I laughed at my usual big laugh this afternoon and found that my skin (near lips area) cracking a bit and it's a freaking painful hmmpfhh! Oh ya! After washing my face it's very tight, man, like having face-lift like that :-D Lagi best, when prep my skin with toner, the residue or dead cell-skin comes off easily, making it easy to absorb the topical cream. How I loveeee that! :-D

Oh another side effect is that, the antibiotics does make my stomach bloated. So I need to take after food. There's one time I can't take it anymore, and the doctor gimme gastric pills for a month supply.


Outside view: as I expected, lots people asking why my face looks like getting sunburnt or snake -like face. Super red skin like after going to Boracay for beach holiday. I just told them yeah, Boracay is one of my dreamiest holiday, ever, I love beaches but to explain my sunburnt face now, yep, I 'm on medication for my skin and it will be lasted for the next few weeks.

Side effects of Acnotin. hmm...if you google the side effects of Acnotin or Accutane, you will be surprised coz it's quite scary side effects, such as,  high cholesterol, hair loss, photo-sensitvity, hearing problem, body aching, depression which leads to suicide, and etc. Seriously. here is the link. But for me personally, I just experienced photosensitivity, flaky and redness skin only. *fiuh....at least minor side effects which is still bearable.

Ok, that's all. will update again next week. Week 3. :-D

-Deb-

No comments: