Monday 17 June 2013

Sis annual visit June 2013

As usual, my sister and her husband always visiting Singapore for at least once a year. 
This year, she decided to see me during GSS, Great Singapore Sale! plus June is school holiday so she can bring us to go shopping! and sightseeing! She is a type of Jakartanian people, who like to hopping malls and indoor activities such as shopping, high tea, cafe, and stuff.

I prefer more to the outdoor activities such as zoo, bird park, or legoland (Malaysia) but don't mind with the shopping coz THIS IS THE BEST TIME TO SHOP IN SINGAPORE. HIP HIP HOORAY GSS!

Day 1: Destination: meet Nana aunt and Kenny uncle in Bugis, chill out for awhile at Toast Box, watched Epic 3D at Filmgarde. Actually can fetch them direct to airport but we prefer meet in town. They are not first time travellers to Singapore..what.....







Day 2: Breakfast at Toast Box @ Hougang Mall. haha again Toast Box. and then, went to Sea Aquarium, lunch at Carnivore @Vivo city. Sight seeing, walk walk, let the food digest, before the next stop, Tea-break at Kraze Burger @ MBS.


Breakfast









From here, all photos taken by Giselle. ermmm mostly. 

















Now she likes to make funny face, like this...sigh...



Giselle supposed to snap this photo, the meat plus the handsome knife-wielding passador (waitress)
but when I checked it turns to be like this.

At Carnivore, when you want to be served, pls put on YES, PLEASE! 


NO, THANKS means enough of meat already!
:-D



Day 3: wake up a bit late than usual, we went to nearby McD for a breakie! no photos taken coz I literally my house-shirt aka pyjamas. Oh I just realised I just wore normal shirt and shorts when at home, even when I'm sleeping with or without aircon!  never ever wear or own pj before. 
Then at noon time we went to Orchard for a high-tea...plus shopping plus hopping from malls to malls....

I bought Kate Spade bag with my hard-earned Taka voucher. I literally just pay $6 hard cash for my bag! Me and my sis so happy shopping like this, hehehe....
The funny thing is, I always got trouble or hassle when planning to buy something with vouchers. Very the drama queen one. You know what, actually I have $370 Taka voucher on hand but I kept on reminding myself I only have $270. That is why, when searching this branded bag, I kept on checking and browsing those bags pricing around my budget. Gggrrrr....cut story short, there are 2 bags that I consider, 1 bag price $336 and another 1 is $450. Of course I chose the cheapest one. Then when paying on the cashier, turns out I have more than enough vouchers to buy the expensive one! 
Grrr....I still remember last year, same place, in Takashimaya, when we decided to buy my mom a bag for her birthday, again, planned to buy with my Taka voucher. After searching and all the hassle finding the bag within our budget, and then we proceed to the cashier to pay, just to found out that I never bring the voucher at all. The voucher sitting nicely in my drawer at home, so on the spot, I need to pay cash! Grrr....

Oh ya, bless in disguise, I gave my remaining voucher to my sis to buy Bobbi Brown concealer and she just topped up $5 hard cash! Again, we are so happy to have made a *wise-voucher- shopping* like this.  :-D




Giant Macaroons!
They said Laduree one nice but I never try before. So for starter, we tried this giant Macaroon's by Paul.

High Tea at Paul
If I'm not wrong Paul is originated from France.



Would you look at that giant Macaroon!




And then early dinner at Antoinette. 








Day 4: We don't know where to go already....so we went to Orchard again. G2000, Dorothy, Miss Selfridges at Wisma Atria.


I think Giselle can be a blogger, doing OOTD, self-shot photos, and all the stuff  when she grows up.
I didn't know she took this pics while we shopping.

haha...so cute!
She still don't know how not to cover her face when self-photo shot.





Tea break @ Paris Baguette. 
I don't like to come to Paris Baguette. Don't you know, they claimed it by putting Paris in their name but actually they're from Korea. 
And then, their table system is like Kopitiam like that. Queuing up for ordering, pay at cashier, and then find your own table to sit down and eat. Most of visitors are taking their own sweet time to finish their meal and chit chat nonstop, or worst, they sometime leave some empty seats in the middle, very difficult to find decent seats for 4 person. Then after finish meal, must quickly leave before other people disturbingly asking you for seats. Bread, croissant, and cake also meh. It's because Giselle wants this strawberry smiling cake but literally it's totally madness patronise here.  







 At ION Orchard, Nippon-ya, they sell Harajuku Mochi Chocolat which superbly delicious! 
When my Japan trip, my sis kept on bugging me to find this mochi for her omiyage but I couldn't find it, even in Harajuku itself. Then I bought her Shiroi Koibito, she said it taste like traditional Indo-kue kue, Lidah kucing. I was like....ahem. So when we found this mochi at ION we rejoiced to the max. 



Last day: IKEA and Airport's trip. No photos taken in IKEA coz we busy seeing all the furnitures and stuff but always hesitant to buy due to the logistic. haha. we ate IKEA meatball like crazy, ordered too many...but I love the sweden cake! Bye bye Nana aunt. see you next year (for Giselle). Bye bye Na, see you in two weeks time. 




Again, tea-break at Toast Box. If you're wondering why we kept on eating Toast Box is because I have 5 Toast Box vouchers given by my colleague, then my muslim colleague donated to me 3 more vouchers coz Toast Box not halal certified mah...so in total I have 8 vouchers to be finished within 4 days time. The rest of the story is history aka written in the beginning of the post. 




-Deb-



No comments: