Wednesday 28 March 2012

Herbal Remedies for Headache

I have been suffering from severe headache lately. Not exactly severe but it always relapse weekly. Well, I can say, always in the week-end (Saturday- Sunday). As far as I remember, there was once I have been taking Panadol up to 8 tablets a day and yet the pain is still freaking there. I just wondering what happened to my brain!?

According to Dr. Oz there are three types of headache:  (not sure which episode- it was broadcasted on Channel 5 lately)

 1. Tension headache.
The muscles around forehead are tightened and extremely stiff, continue all the way down to neck area. The culprit is lack of sleep and stress. How to prevent, of course, improves quality of sleep and reduce stress. How to cure, in medical point of view, aspirin is the fastest and bestest way to cure headache, but we all agreed it's not wise to always depend on aspirin like 24/7. Instead of aspirin, we can try to take herbal remedies such as ginger tea or peppermint tea. It’ll help to reduce as well as benefit to digestion, too.

2. Cluster Headache.
Pain looks like many needles pocking into eye-area. The symptoms are teary-eyes, runny-nose, and uncomfortable precise-ache around eye-area. Dr. Oz never mentioned a thing about prevention but do staying in front of monitor without taking a break is one of the main reasons. He recommends rubbing capsaicin cream inside nose. Not sure what capsaicin cream is, but for Chinese, normally we used to rub medicated oil into our temple area. I think it works the same way. :-D

3. Migraine.
Okie for this one, I don’t think you need the exact explanation as most of us do experience migraine, rite? But migraine usually accompanied by a throbbing and painful feeling, which only at one side of head. Normally, we will be very hypersensitive to light and sound. Taking herbs, feverfew (it’s a kin of sunflower) will help to reduce inflammation and eased the pain.

So I think for my case, my headache-ness is categorized into the first one, tension headache. To prevent it, I have to tell myself to RELAX and try to SLEEP early. REDUCE STRESS as much as possible. I consider drinking chamomile and peppermint tea for creating a soothing feeling. I even store my pillow-spray besides my pillow. So every time I feel difficulty to fall asleep, just spray it throughout pillow and feel the scent until it brings me to La La Land. Zzzzz….
Okie… How about your’s?

-Deb-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Took 8 pills within a day? it's very dangerous!! Panadol could damage your kidney.