Saturday 15 August 2015

Instax Mini 50s

Yippie! My new Camera!

This year I was thinking to buy a new camera, I was aiming these selfie cameras but the price is just ridiculously expensive…And I just realized I can’t afford to bring my gigantic cameras to the outing and found myself always using my phone camera LOL. 

So my love with camera had been awakening again since retreat last month.

During retreat, we have this idea (Thanks Jesus, to give us this awesome idea!) of snapping photos with Instax camera and exchange the instax photos plus encouragement words with each other. The committee gave each of us an album. And we need to snap picture one on one and store all the photos in the album. 1 photo on the left and 1 encouragement/affirmation card on the right. Something like this.




Yep, so after 2 days journey of borrowing other people’s Instax camera. My hands itch so badly and decided to buy one, LOL.


Giselle happened to have Mini 7s and brought it during Zoo trip. So we’re comparing between Mini 7s and Mini 50S


Here is my finding:

Mini 7S:
  •   Cheaper but it's older version
  •   Bulkier, Hipster looking     
  •  Manually setting, based on the lighting whether its indoor or outdoor
  •   Comes with many colours
  •   Manual ON and OFF button (you have to pull the lens to ON it and push the lens to OFF it)
Mini 50S:
  • More expensive but it’s newer version
  • Light weight, professional looking
  • Auto setting
  • Comes with black and white glossy colour 
  • Auto ON and OFF button

Let's picture rolls! 






Using Mini 7S, we always got weirdly dark photo indoors or overly bright photo outdoor. 

The photos just don’t feel seems right. Either too dark or too bright... I don’t have that problem with Mini 50s as the setting is actually automatic. So I preferably using Mini 50s and I’m very glad I bought this newer version even though almost twice the price.


Funfacts:

Do you know that actually Polaroid is a name of the company who invented instant camera? 
Polaroid Corporation was so famous of their Polaroid products back in 1926 and get it patented in the same year. It was so famous till now everyone calls Polaroid for instant camera. 

Thanks for reading! 

-Deb-


No comments: