Sunday 10 August 2014

How to revive Apple Magic Mouse

Yep , as per title, how to revive Apple Magic Mouse.

Okay picture first!


So it's been a while I'm using magic mouse, I think one set of batteries can last around a year?  hmm...maybe it's around 1,5 years. 

And I kept on postponing to change the new set of batteries despite many times of notifications ( on the top right on Mac screen) popped out until suddenly one day, it died. The mouse died.

Then I told to myself, okie, it's time to change batteries and I just popped up a new set of batteries.

Then I turn it ON 

But the green light doesn't want to ON

The mouse died.

Oh no!



Well, actually it was happened few months ago but I was too busy at that point of time so I didn't bother to investigate. Laziness strikes again so I didn't really use the mouse until...last week, exactly. 

I just googled on how to revive/ fix Apple Magic mouse, even scroll through tons of forums and websites, and nope, cannot really find the solution to fix this!

I was about a minute away to buy a new mouse, which cost me a bomb. Yes, Apple Magic Mouse in Singapore is $98 yo!

But suddenly, I found out a forum, with posted the same case like me, the mouse just died like that, when changing a new set of batteries. And yes! I'm not alone.Yippie!

In the forum, they are suggesting many many solutions such as:

1. Open up the battery cover, take out the battery, on the battery terminal, wipe it clean with clean and damp small cloth or alcohol soaked in the q-tips. Then let it dry for few minutes, pop new set of batteries in, and voila, your magic mouse just have a state of purification and now it's resurrected. 

2.  Prepare the aluminium foil (cut it into small square and fold into 2-3 layers), open up the battery cover and put the small square aluminium foil into the battery terminal (plus terminal or minus terminal), and then pop the batteries in. To ensure double tightness, put a small paper and fold it like a  plane shape, squeeze the paper in between, put back the cover, and then switch ON the mouse. the green light should be ON.

3. Use only Energizer battery coz this mouse LOVES Energizer! No Duracell or Eveready or Sony or whatever brand, ok!

4. Put the mouse in the zip-lock bag or static bag, together with silica gel, you know the one to keep the snack/ tidbids/ shoes dry. Then leave it for 2 or 3 days in order for silica gel to pull out the moisture from the mouse. Err, skeptical, I think it will work when the mouse wet, spilled by the water/rain/ liquid something like that.





Okay, so guess which one is the solutions work for my mouse?

.
.
.

The third one!

Apparently, I went down to market to buy many many brands of battery. No la only 4 brands, Eveready, Panasonic, GP, and of course, Energizer.

Energizer is the most expensive one! I think because of this reason, my Apple Magic Mouse LOVES Energizer.

I did 1 and 3 and ta dah! my mouse revived again.

Luckily I don't need to do no. 2 and 4 but actually I already prepared aluminium foil and silica gel, heh! So troublesome. But think about it, it's still money-saving rather than buy a new one....


Thanks mouse, for not giving up on me. Please serve me well and I will treasure you. Think about that, never once I dropped you or left you alone, rite? (coz I always put my personal laptop at home, hahaha) So I hope this piece of information is useful. 










-Deb-


No comments: