Tuesday 9 July 2013

Me annual visit to Jakarta

As usual. After my sister visit to Singapore. It's time for me to visit them.

Normally I don't really keen to visit Jakarta but this time round, I decided to go home to attend Iin's wedding. ahem my ex- best friend.

Still friend lah hah but not that close anymore. In spite of that, I still attend her wedding coz I want to. No obligation. No force. I just want to be a witness of her big day and that's what friends are for, rite?

Oh ya she was the one who introduced me to the church and then she was there during my very down time. She supported me, she consoled me, she pulled me up. Really. Thanks, sis. If you happen to read this. I still remember at the back of my mind, when you were there, listening to my sorrow. When you were there, giving some advices. When you were there, didn't judge, but to hear silently and be *bucket* for me. I feel like you were my sibling sister in my previous life. ha ha.

Ok, back to the topic,  Jakarta trip. Nothing much, Just eat, meet my family, eat again, meet friends, eat again, meet relatives, eat again, and sleep. Ahhh I managed to sneak in to Fitness First Grand Indonesia using my sister's pass. Secara we're look alike only I a bit tall from her by 0.00001 inch. :-D Even Giselle pun confuse often mistaken me as her or she as me. Understood?


My flight was on Thursday night. Reached Jakarta airport at 8pm plus and my mother fetched me up. We took cab which innocently brought us around PIK (Pantai Indah Kapuk), see some hospitals and eating places nearby there and then go to my house at Cengkareng. WTF wrong toll exit means extra another few thousand of Rupiahs. Thanks, cab driver. But ok ah since 1 SGD is around Rp.7800 so I forgive him. Kidding. Reached at home at 11plus. Home sweet home.


Next morning, I followed my sister go to her office. And spent the whole day at GI Grand Indonesia. Literally. The whole day. First thing in the morning, I sneaked in to Fitness First and do some work-out. Just tried various of machines, I don't even have time to catch up the class yet. Alamak, I just realised no photos when gym-ing time but the scenery is quite good from there. Imagine when you work-out, running on treadmill, watch cable TV plus enjoying the scenery of Bundaran HI and the busy-ness of Jalan Sudirman. Time flies very fast I don't even have to *struggle* to finish my 200 calories treadmill-programme. And then finished it with 15 mins sauna. My life is complete. :-D


And then breakfast with mom at GI. And met my colleagues at GI too, having lunch at food court at the same place where I had my breakfast. After lunch, finding omiyage for Giselle, shopping for cousin's birthday present, go salon to dye my hair *ahem* black. It supposed to be dark brown but it turns out black. :-(  Having frozen yogurt tea-break, dinner, bla bla bla....Ultimately, we catch a night movie, World War Z at Blitz. Let's the pictures rolling....



Brekkie Baso Afung. Yum Yum.
The meatballs not bad. But the broth soup damn salty. Kept on drinking water after meal I suspect they put tons of MSG. 

Me and my colleagues from Jakarta



Ketoprak @ GI
But I miss the taste of real Ketoprak abang-abang....

Waiting at Salon. I am dying my hair for just Rp. 513,000 for 3 hours

Final result.

A must-eat frozen yogurt.
Red Mango!

Nasi Timbel

It's a birthday of Jakarta city! 486th still young at hearts, Jakarta!

Tried this Gold Magnum for Rp. 18,000
They said quite expensive if buy Magnum at Blitz.
For me it's like $2.30 who cares about money during holiday :-D

Asanebou for the next day, we went to Muara Karang for a brunch! And meet up with my cousins! It's a must must thing when visiting Jakarta otherwise you will be stamped as snobbish or no manner or something like that. What a powerful thing peer pressure is! 


Introduce! All the closest cousins!
Irene, Na, David, and Me
Chicongfan!
Brings back memory of childhood.
We used to eat this after school. Still the same seller, same abang, same taste


Rp 10,000 can get 3 fried thing from above picture, 1 slices of chicongfan skin!

yum yum



Irene and Me
Dinner at CP (Central Park)






My dad, Me, and Na
My dad always expressionless



WE ATRE STEAMBOAT aka SHABU SHABU
Who cares about weight during holiday!?






I like this one! will print out and framed it in my room



Still not satisfy ah ate shabu shabu only.
For supper, we nom nom Martabak.
A must must to eat yo!

And then last day of my trip. :-( It's time to say good bye. Morning we went to salon to do my hair and stuff. Did my make up in the car while on the way to the wedding lunch. I am the only one who represent Hope Singapore wtf!? Reunion with some of college friends, some of them married and preggie! so excited! And then catch a flight back to Singapore. :-(
How come good time flies so fast!?



Me and Chika.

Haha try to catch myself in the mirror.

Bakmie GM




The signature...Pangsit Goreng



Krispy Kreme at Airport


-Deb-


2 comments:

Unknown said...

aaaahh... ada foto aku disana :)

Unknown said...

ahhh ada foto aku disini.. ^_^