Wednesday 18 January 2012

Man in my daddy

I have a habit of not bringing along my bible whenever I go overseas. So I didn’t bring my bible back when I was in Jakarta. Till one fine night, something nudge me in the middle of the night, (scary nea), I wake up, go to toilet, come back to bed and try to sleep again...

Have you ever experienced, when you are awake in the middle of the night…your mind just wandering around….your eyes looking at the ceiling or every corner of your room…your ears listen to the clock ticking…you just cant go back to sleep anymore. Tons of thoughts slipping through your mind, your problem, your worries, your future, your past, any thoughts count and you feel very small, insecure, and suffocated inside.

Telling to myself, just shut engine and ignore those bad feelings, please! :-D I decided to pray to God. He asked me to look at my hand phone. Without asking too much, I reached my hand phone and look at the time ( it’s around 3 o’clock) and see the screensaver in the main screen. Jeremiah 29: 11. Reading that verse few times till I fall asleep.

Next morning, I went to living room to have a breakfast.  Seeing my father’s bible on the table and asked his permission to borrow it for a little while. I touched that old bible. Its still quite neat, well...still taken-care of like before. It has been with my father faithfully since I was a little baby. Its like almost 20 years, I guess!?
Flipped over the pages, just to found out that the pages almost worn out, almost all words marked with either highlighters or bookmarks. It’s a proof that not only every Sunday He goes to church to attend service, but He also reads a bible every day.  Thumbs up, dad! 
Here I found Jeremiah 29: 11. “For I know the plans I have for you, Plans to prosper and not to harm you, to give you hope and a future.” Without fail, Jesus speaks to me again and again, the assurance not to worry with every single problems and challenges ahead. Instead of worrying human's provisos and all the stuffs, just humbly surrender to Him and He will definitely provide for his children. (Amen)

And for my dad. It's been a fortunate to have you as a father, a brave and strong one, a silent hero in our family. A patient one especially to a rebellious, stubborn, *I-know-what-I-wanna-do-in-my-life, papa-please-don’t-preach* girl like me.  Many mistakes and shames I brought to your face, but you never ever give up on me. In my little prayer, someday how I wish I could find a God’s man like you, who always fear of God and live accordingly to His Word. Thanks, Dad.

-Deb-

No comments: