Wednesday 11 January 2012

Bad experience- Sushi Groove Grand Indonesia

Disclaimer: This post is about my annual visit to my hometown, Jakarta. Normally I don’t really blog about food but I had a pretty bad experience with Sushi Groove thus I decided to share here.

One fine day, we decided to eat some Japanese food after watching Puss in Boots in Grand Indonesia. We planned to go to Tairyo international buffet restaurant. But for some reasons, we changed our mind and tried Sushi Groove instead.


I ordered sashimi, sushi, and other raw stuffs….Just to find out  ( after about 15 mins waiting) that the sashimi is not ready to be served. I was like, OMGHHKP, complaining to the waitress, what kind of Japanese restaurant is this,  they have sashimi in their menu, very pretty and tempting pictures, but it’s not even ready to be served!? Its explained when I look around, almost all the customer ordered everything except raw foods. Okay that’s fine. We just proceed with the rest of dishes then…*sigh…

The food came; okay it’s time to eat! Here is their food’s review:
Their wasabi is pretty bad. It was the WORST wasabi I’ve ever tasted in my entire life. No taste at all, I was like scooping a huge scoop literally to my sushi and feels like, hello…am I eating wasabi!? where is the stinging sensation around the nose *you know, especially when you eating wasabi too much, lols...
Their ocha is the WORST; it is not ocha come on, taste like a normal tea! And they charged us quite expensive for a normal tea.
Their food: salmon sushi, the salmon on the top of sushi is not fresh at all. Other sushi, too ( I forgot its name) the avocado/ salmon roe not fresh, taste ordinary, the rice not solid (easily drop when you take it by chopstick)
Their service: Very bad, very slow when we asked to refill ocha ( well, its refillable normal hot tea, I can say) but very fast to clean up our empty plates or asking bills (okie this is my personal feeling very subjective, yeah!)
Last but not the least, there was some promotion going on, which is Sumo Santa's Surprise Socks. WIN Free dine in, product vouchers, and Cashback voucher at minimum spending Rp.200,000. We spent about Rp.400,000+ at that time and were asking if we entitled to this promotion. Guess what, the conversation goes like this.

After paying and find out this promo.

M: Do we entitled to this promo? we spent quite alot....
W: yeah, we have this promo, but you should informed us before making payment.
M: hello, I think It would be nice if you can inform us about this promo WHEN making the payment should your restaurant are the one who made this promo. You SHOULD TOLD us by initiative.
W:  To which waiter you make a payment, Okay let me check with ....*don't know who lah*

Then she came back again.

W: Sorry, the promo is for *dont*know*what* credit* card* holder* and you should made a payment via that credit card.
M: Oh yeah, but I checked in your promo T&C, there was no statement about using that credit card.
W: yes, but this promo is for this particular credit card.

End of conversation. The waiter didnt even bother to explain to us nor apology but It really, I've checked thru again the T&C and confirm, there is no credit card merchant being mentioned in that promo.

I highly recommended NOT to patronize Sushi Groove anymore. Especially Sushi Groove in Grand Indonesia.  I swear that would be the first and the last time I gave them business.  Well, I still prefer Sushi Tei in the end of the day :-D

No comments: