Tuesday 31 January 2012

I can do it myself.

One of the biggest challenges of parenthood to a toddler is, your child might have their own sense of independency. Sounds interesting, huh!?

The word, " I can do it by myself." followed by , " please don't see me, mummy." made me a real worry. But when to find out, that everything she did is just a mess, I completely gone berserk. Of course it will followed by my heart wanting to scream because she is taking so long or something is about to spill or break.

Still, It's significant to give her lots of opportunities to practice. Practice makes Perfect, right?
In the end of the day, my patience will be rewarded with Giselle who can do her own things independently.

So far what Giselle can do by herself are, changing clothes, wearing shoes, brushing her teeth, eating her meals with spoon and fork ( this activity is such a nerve-racking), drinking water from glass or bottle, colouring, singing, dancing (this her fave activity) and................videoing herself singing Aladdin's song using my ipad.

see..how cool is that!?  :-D



-Debora-

2 comments:

SweetieBakery said...

Hi Debo, How are you? Sounds like Giselle is growing up :-D You are doing a fantastic job as a mother and doing all that you can!

God Bless, sister.

Adeline

dhebora87 said...

Hi Adeline,

I am fine, thank you...how about you?

Thanks for your compliments...God bless you too, pretty sis!

:-D