Monday 20 July 2015

My braces off!

Ohai! How’ve you been?

This post is about my braces! but before that....

Yippie, as I'm typing this I'm listening to the Apple Music. Free 3 months trial and after that top up $10 monthly subscription to unlimited access to Apple library and download as much as music that I want! Thanks Apple, for awesomesauceness features and crazily affordable music! 

Ok, another random topics, about Giselle! 

There’s one time I brought her to NLB and leave her at kid’s section, then I went to study (don’t worry, just a few steps away) in study section. Then a few minutes later she came to me sobbing and told me, “I tripped off of the chair and it’s so hurt so much.” With the tears come out, “but I don’t dare to cry so loud coz it’s in library.” I was like, wah so considerate ah this girl, want to cry also must control coz it’s in the library”. So after round of cuddling and bribing her with ice cream she seems ok already. LOL.

Sorry for being so random! But I hardly got spare time to sit down and blog so this is the only time. 

Now move to the main topic.

It's been a month since I removed my braces. :-)

.
.
.
.
.


The last appointment, which was just last month, the dentist asked me whether want to remove now or fix another appointment again, I just replied, can remove now? coz the next week I got Church Conference and I'll be serving so need to remove like immediately LOL so bossy! 

So there you go, sitting on the clinic's bench, open my mouth until sore jaw and I ain't complaining yo coz the dentist remove my braces, all of it. The wire, the bracket, the debris, one by one! 

At first he said, don't be alarmed of the removal of brackets as it will be much pressure on the teeth, so yeah, I was telling to myself I can survive bonded these brackets onto my teeth 3 years ago, and suck up all the nonsense due to braces, this means nothing! Bring it on pressure! Which 10 mins later I regretted coz the pressure is really pretty intense :-( 
So after that the dentist scrap the debris and polish my teeth one by one, well, I'm not too sure what he did as I just open my mouth and as long as I can remember the saliva and liquids constantly gushing out all over my mouth and I told myself I just need to open my mouth and let the dentist do the job. It took almost 45 mins to ensure that all been taken out and no more debris, before I can gargle and see my new set of teeth :-) 

Then the dentist took an impression of my new set of teeth, I can go home afterwards. When first time seeing my teeth without braces, I felt so...weird...it's like wow... actually I do have long and big teeth after all. When I run through all of my teeth using my tongue,  I was like, wow so slippery and weird feeling. Not sure how to express those feeling into words but I feel so contented and crazily happy, keep on checking out the mirror! Achievement unlocked!

This is the first photo of me graduated from braces!


Photo taken just right after dentist appointment!
So after that 3 days later I need to come back to take my retainers and well, do some tooth reshaping on the bottom part of the teeth plus scaling and polishing for finale :-)

The dentist said must put on retainers 24/7 for the next 6 months coz the risk of relapse is quite high and I don't want to waste another time and money to do another round of braces again pls. So I found it's not that difficult la just a change of habit but my biggest worry is, if the retainers gone, the cost of new replacement set is $300 :-( and you know what, first week after that, I lost my retainer's case (luckily it's only case) so please bobblehead, don't forget your retainers yo (talking to myself LOL) 

The most common mistake is, during meal, people often take out the retainers and put it into napkins or tissue, then accidentally thrown away together. So it is compulsory to bring the case 24/7 wherever I go and put the retainers inside its case during meal time. 


2 set of retainers: day and night

So here's the transformation!

Before braces.
OMG I'm so chubby!
and my two rabbit from teeth is big and protruding! 



Another one, big rabbit teeth! 


Two big and protruding front teeth
Haih ,I missed Giselle she's still cute on those days! 



After that I went for multiple tooth extractions to create the gap for braces.

Well, the extractions itself made my face shape "shrink" even just a little bit.  More V-face shape and define features now.  Even my nose bridge now is a little bit higher. 
Not to mention lose weight due to braces, so no more chubby cheek :-) 


Me HALF smile with Simpliclear braces


OK, here's me with BIG smile of Simpliclear braces,
can't really tell right!? 



OK last pictures, me after 3 years of Simpliclear braces.

Finally the journey is over and welcome to my new set of teeth! 

I feel like more beautiful 1000X LOL 


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



 


During Hope Conference.
Serving for the very first time :-) 


Me and my baby attending musical performance


So good job dentist!
I think I'm pretty satisfy with the ortho's job. 
Thanks for giving me a new set of nice and perfect teeth= younger looking! 
Actually it's not only a set of new teeth but also new face shape, too
 Many people mistaken me for my age. LOL. they thought I'm from Uni service :-)

Ok, thanks for reading, going to sleep now. Ciao! 

-Deb-


1 comment:

Christy Hodges said...

Well, I definitely have to say a big "congratulations" to you on getting your braces off, your smile looks fantastic. When I got my braces off I couldn't stop running my tongue over my teeth -- they were so smooth and slippery again, I thought I would never get used to it. I guess just one of those things. Keep smiling!

Christy Hodges @ Smile Designers