Monday 27 July 2015

Hope Conference 2015

Hi guys!

It’s been my 4th year attending Conference. And this year, I’m serving, too! 

I don't want to brag or something but the whole experience really humbled me as I’m serving the Lord God, He refreshes me from inside out. And there’s some testimonies coming up so stay tune!


Epilogue

This time round is different, I was on duty for Session 4 and 5 which mean, Sunday morning and afternoon. 

Why didn’t I serve for the whole day because: 
1. I’m not sure if my body can take it from serving for the whole day, well... Kudos to those can serve full day, really salute to you guys! 
2. I want to experience my own serenity during Kairos night. hehe. 

So day 1, as usual meet at the entrance of stadium and go in together.  3 years ago, I always sit at the north near premiere seats together with Indo group. Since I joined adult LG (coz simply I’m adult now, hee…) so now, we always sit on the west area, near parent’s lounge. Ahh time flies very fast!


Thanks, Ate Jackie for helping me take and wash my Volunteer T-shirt. It’s like she knows that I’m being anal about wearing new unwashed T-shirt.


Day 2, we have to report as early as 7am to have briefing cum breakfast. And then the sub-leader briefs us separately and we went to standby in our post. Well guess where my post was?

.
.
.


In the Premiere Seats.


Hehehe


I’m serving together with the Youth group.


Suddenly I felt so young again. 




So this is my 5 mins of joy about:

“Hi, are you from Uni service?”

(So happy! Someone’s mistaken my age for my age!)

But the joy was short-lived, I replied, “No, I’m from adult service.”

“Oh, you look so young, I thought you just graduated from uni” 

(happy again!) 

I replied, “thanks, I got that a lot. Hehehe”

Awkward moment *cricket sounds*

They don’t know I even have a daughter. LOL. But I never told them la later they thought I’m sombong or what.


So that’s my 5 mins of joy. Thanks for reading.  End of story.



Ok back to the topic!

After that during session 5, I was so tired and needs coffee booster to keep myself awake but none of the vending machine has coffee arrghh! Can I feedback to the management? When I don’t have my coffee I will tend to have stiff neck and leads to headache #whataweirddisease #truestory.

I think if you cut me bleed , I’ll bleed black blood (not Bad Blood by Taylor Swift) LOL. 
So I quickly texted Yanting to tabao me coffee and sneakily go to their seats and have a sip or two. Thanks, dear your coffee cured my headache. Next time I don’t need Panadol, I just need anointed coffee J Ok, that’s one of the testimony...

Actually, last Conference I have burden for mission trip but I keep on postponing due to busy schedule. It's like every time I saw mission trip calling, my heart stirred. This year Conference the God’s voice really loud and clear I can’t runaway anymore. No procrastination, Deb.  I’ve got to do it either this year or next year! Ok I’m not trying to bargain with you, God, but please open up the way.



Let’s the picture rolling!

(some collage photos courtesy from Shereen)



 











Thanks for reading! 

-Deb-





No comments: