Thursday 10 January 2013

Cousin's visit - Last December

Last December, my uncle and family came to Singapore for a short holiday. My cousin, Iling had braces for like 3 years already, and still wearing it till now. Oh she is in her final year of high school and going to be 17 this year.

I wonder how lucky Jakartanian nowadays. Especially kids, attending prestigious school, they come and go by car, see dermatologist for face treatment, do braces and all the stuff. Not to mention mall- hopping every weekend just to shopping, watch movie, and hang out with friends...So fortunate these kids nowadays.

Okay, back to the topic that matters me most, braces.

When I asked her, " how's your braces so far?", She replied, "Good!". Then I asked, "did the braces make you cannot eat or sore gum or lose weight? or at least giving you problem to eat?", She replied, "yes a little bit, but still can eat as per normal, she didn't lose weight at all"....

What....How come I encounter loads of discomfort and pain and suffering, while she, spent 3 years and still on braces right now, feel nothing. Oh maybe the age gap different, or hormone different, or just me too sensitive...*arm fist*

Okay, indeed they love Giselle very much....to the extent they taught Giselle how to play scissor-paper-stone in Bahasa!....Gammm suit...wakakaka....then taught her this school kid's play, domikado, kacang kacang panjang, gam suit, and all the kid's stuff. I play along, too.

Sometime being an adult, we often forget how to have fun with kids, living in our adult world and difficult to connect with them. Been busy with our daily work, responsibility, and money. So pathetic.

So I can say, playing with them makes me feel so young. I felt so young on that day. Yeay! Till next time!



Domikado

Giselle, Wangwang, Iling
So happy to meet relatives from Jakarta


-Deb-




No comments: