Sunday 26 February 2012

Give me oil in my lamp, I pray

I bet you know this children christian Song, Give me oil in my lamp.

The lyric goes like this:

Give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning
Give me oil in my lamp, I pray
Give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning
Keep me burning till the break of day

Sing Hosanna, Sing Hosanna, Sing Hosanna to the King of Kings
Sing Hosanna, Sing Hosanna, Sing Hosanna to the King

So one fine day, Giselle is singing this song in front of me and Sofia, her friend. When she sang the Hosanna part, suddenly Sofia is asking a question. The conversation went like this:

S: Jie jie, what is Hosanna? ( she is asking the meaning of Hosanna)
G: err...pause awhile..

With full confidence, she proudly explained.

G: Hosanna meaning...horse...sana...you know horse...!? (then she mimics horse, galloping like a horse)

Me almost fainting plus laughing non stops...no wonder why everytime she sings Hosanna always have "r" sound. Something like Horrsana.... :-D

Soon after, I proudly explained to both of them, Hosanna meaning praise to the God, when you sing a song to God, God will be very happy.

Both of them like don't even care of my explanation or nor really understand about it, continued to sing Hosanna song happily. What an innocent toddler, eh!

Since they are pretty young, I just try my best to teach and get them to familiarize with any children christian song. When they grow up, they'll soon understand the meaning behind it...For the time being, I am quite satisfied with the facts that I am teaching a basic of Christianity, cum having fun teaching a song at the same time! There'll be more songs to come! :-D



-Deb-



No comments: