Friday 13 March 2020

Oath of Renounciation, Allegiance, and Loyalty.


This post is the continuation of the previous post.

KBRI legalization of SURAT AHU SAKE letter and surrender Indonesia Passport.

After you surrender Indonesia passport and get the AHU SAKE letter legalized in KBRI, the next working day, you will need to collect it in the afternoon. 
KBRI morning operating hour is 9am-12pm- morning strictly for submission. 
Afternoon operating hour 230pm-5pm- Noon strictly for collection. 

As I’m writing this post right now (March 2020), the whole world suffer from COVID-19 breakout, so every building, offices, embassies will have temperature screening hence expect delay in entering the embassy building. 

Bring cold water to cool down your body temperature especially in a hot sunny day in Singapore. The reason is because when I went to KBRI, they have this temperature check, the thermometer broke and always measured 37C and above. I guess its because of the weather outside, not because fever. But the security guard didn't let me in. Luckily I have ice water in my car so just took that to cool down my "forehead" temperature. Silly. 

Bring the collection slip to level 2, counter 12 to get the legalized documents. Then go to level 1 (no need to take queue number) and take your “Tanda terima penyerahan passport” and that’s all. You are done for the day.

So until Oath and applying SG passport, basically you cant go out of the country.

Update as per 26 March 2020

Due to Covid-19 pandemic, KBRI doesnt allow to walk-in anymore. Please send email to singapura.kbri@kemlu.go.id to book appointment, after they replied, print it, and show it to security guard before entering the premise.




ICA- Oath of Renounciation, Allegiance, and Loyalty


During your appointment time, please bring 2 photocopy of each documents


  • AHU SAKE Indonesia version, original downloaded from AHU SAKE website
  • KBRI legalized documents (without photo)
  • Tanda terima penyerahan passport in Bahasa Indonesia, don’t worry, no need to translate as ICA knows our format of this document.

and bring original: 
  • Singapore blue IC
  • 3copy of passport-sized photos
  • ICA letter

It’s okay to come earlier as you will still need to take queue number and waiting for queue number.


ICA- Singapore Passport Application Form (level 1 deposit box)

Bring 3 copies of the passport photos and since you making trip to ICA already, you can prepare the SG Passport Application Form and paste your passport-sized photo(x1) in the form as well.

ICA is very efficient, and I still can’t believe it only took less than 1 hour for me to finish all the submission of documents, oath-taking, and drop SG Passport Application form. Compare to my trip to KBRI at least I need 1/2day to finish my errand, well, talking about efficiency!

So the ceremony will be 3-6months from now and it will be conducted in GRC nearby your neighborhood. In the ceremony, they will pass us the Singapore citizenship certificate and pink IC.
Meantime, ICA gave me temporary slip and punch-hole my blue IC, which means my blue IC can’t be used anymore. However if you need both certificate and pink IC urgently for housing or school or work relate, you may email them to voice out.


ICA- Singapore Passport Collection

Using the email/ mail notification letter, go to ICA level 3 for passport collection. Scan the IC/ barcode in the notification letter to get queue number. It took me less than 40mins to get my passport. Hence kudos for Singapore’s efficiency again!

Here’s the timeline (for my gold-fish memory)
Oath taking- Wednesday, 4 March @915am
SG Passport application- same day, just drop box. (if you do online application, can do it the next day) 
SG Passport collection- Thursday, 12 March @1.30pm
Pink IC collection- Friday, 20 March @8am~4pm convenient time.






And finally I’ve graduated. Another phase of my life 😊

Glorious to God.

Amen.

-Debbie-


No comments: